Postdoctoral Scientist - We offer a full-time position at the ULB Center for Diabetes Research in Brussels.
The project will take advantage of human iPSC, diabetes cell models, mouse models, pharmacological approaches and human liver specimens to determine the molecular mechanisms by which obesity drives the development of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and insulin resistance and explore novel approaches for combating the development of diabetes.
The ULB Center for Diabetes Research provides a world leading environment for creative science. We foster research excellence and pursue discoveries in metabolic diseases, with experts working together in collaborative teams. Come and join us!
- PhD in liver cancer biology and/or metabolism
- Experience in cell culture, molecular biology/genome editing (e.g. qPCR, CRISPR/Cas9 and RNAseq), immunohistochemical and biochemical techniques is essential
- Experience with mouse handling and experimentation is essential
- Experience with mouse models of obesity/diabetes will be advantageous
- Experience with iPSC culture and/or mass spectrometry will be advantageous
- The candidate should have demonstrable track record of research excellence and be capable of both work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- High motivation, flexibility as well as innovate and creative thinking are a must
Duration: 1 year in the first instance.
Interested? Please send us your application directly to email@example.com
Applications should include:
- - A cover letter describing research interests, previous experience and intended career path.
- - CV.
- - Contact information for at least two references.